Summery Road Trip Summary

The road trip part of the holiday is now over.
We drove the eastern seaboard.
Highlights were:

  • New York: After London, she is still in the top two world cities. Bigger than London but Beefeaters trump Skyskrapers every time. (Including Trump Towers)
  • Amish People: I saw these in a buggy, they seemed historical. I wanted to give them my Ipod touch but it might implode their reality
  • Washington: Great city architecturally. Poetically, Mordor.
  • Walking With Dinosaurs Live: Impressive, but they are just models, kids.
  • Richmond: Pleasant, avoid Vietnamese Food due to it being the worst food inside the continent.
  • Colonial Williamsburg: Hot and fairly interesting.
  • Jamestown: Hot and pretty amazing.
  • Charleston: Very pretty. The Slave Market was for buying and selling slaves, not for where plantation owners send their "staff" to get sprouts etc
  • Savannah: Wonderful place in so many senses. I had the best oysters and Bloody Mary I have ever had, all in the same sitting. Bonanza!
  • St Augustine: I dreamed I saw St Augustine... and it wasn't a dream, but real. Nice place, worth visiting, probably not worth selling up and shipping out to.



We are now in Florida.

Did you know that Columbus never set foot on the continent, that was another Spaniard called Juan Ponce de Leyon.